Thursday, December 1, 2011

My favorite things

In 2 weeks my home will be empty and in 3 weeks I will live in Seattle.

I can not even begin to explain how unbelievable this all seems. I am holding it together but I can tell that it is taking extra Grace and prayers...the seams feel tight.

Tyler and I have been filling out a book titled: "My New Home and Me" which is an awesome tool for a kiddo like Ty who likes to know exactly what is ahead of him and also likes to fill in blanks. He fills in things like his old and new address, how long he's lived here, things about his neighborhood, favorite city places, etc. It also has many places for pictures. So, we have given him our old family camera so he can take all the pictures he wants. I asked him to make a list of the pictures he wants to get. Here is his list:
  • my friends
  • my school
  • Mrs. Counts
  • Memphis (the Watkins new dog)
  • Foundation Grounds
  • Jr. High Park (also known in our family as Jane-Ellis Park)
  • The Heights Pool
  • YMCA
  • The house and my room

I am inspired by my seven year old and I am going to take pictures and blog about my favorites, the things that will be the hardest to leave, that I have been so blessed to have experienced.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Jumping on the bandwagon and telling you what I miss the most:
    -riverside
    - trader joes
    -Aldis
    -schlafleys
    -taking walks/bike rides around Maplewood
    -zoo

    Have fun doing your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frame your favorites when you get to Seattle and hang them on a wall. We did that in Boulder of pictures given to Kirk as a gift from Greentree. It was fun to look at and a great conversation piece for new friends.

    ReplyDelete