Monday, December 5, 2011

Favorite Thing #4



My Living Room

These are the images I want to remember of my living room. This is where I sit. I nap here. I watch TV here. I pray here. I cry here. I snuggle with my hubby and kids here. I read here.

I love my house. We get so much light because we are on the second and third floors so our windows aren't blocked by trees or other houses. We also get an incredible cross breeze.

I sid on my soft couch and drink my coffee and the breeze chills me as the light fills the room. I snuggle under my brown blanket and fall asleep most afternoons. Grayson wakes from his nap and curls up under the blanket with me until we go get the boys from the bus. My favorite part of my day is usually on this couch.

I look out the window often at my quiet street and feel comforted when the train comes by. It makes me feel a part of the outside world. Many people say our home feels warm when they come in and it makes me want to jump up and down and cheer. That is what I want people to feel when they visit and that is what I think too. I love the feeling of coming home. I don't feel like I need to be anywhere but here.

No comments:

Post a Comment