Friday, December 16, 2011

not one of my favorite things

The for sale sign went in the yard yesterday and the movers are here today packing up. I will say I am extremely thankful to have Microsoft paying for our house to be packed. Yet, while I am thankful, it feels very surreal.

I can be a control freak at times and I have found myself hovering over the packers this morning. I want to know what is in each box, how they wrapped it, where the box is going to go in the new house. I'm sure I've been annoying.

So, now I am upstairs warming up and I don't think I'm going to go back to the basement. Most everything will get to Seattle. Some things will be broken. Some things will be missing. Some of the Watkins stuff will probably end up going with us. Some of our stuff will probably get left behind. My new house will be crazy and unorganized for a long time no matter how I color code the boxes. I can choose to relinquish control.

I am only surviving this whole transition because I have to keep letting go of my control (or pointless pursuit of it).

Now...to figure out what to do with unexpected time this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment