Friday, March 16, 2012

They're almost HERE!


This has been the longest week of my life. Our great friends the Schwietermans have just landed and Brian is driving them to our house right now!!! The week has seemed to drag forever as we've anticipated their arrival. I have been giddy all day!!

The guest room is all ready...I'll take this chance to show you my favorite room in our house.


Its my favorite because I love the way it looks but also because of how everything came together. The bed was given to us by my generous in-laws and it was in our old house but never in a room where it was able to shine. I had dreamed of all white bedding but when we tried that we realized the walls are actually cream. Enter ROSS discount store. What a fun store! The quilt was $16!!!!!! Lamps and red flowers from Target. My favorite creative spot is the picture frames. They are filled with wrapping paper I had saved from 2 Christmas' ago. Proof that never throwing anything away is NOT a problem.

The rocking chair used to be in my nursery when I was a baby and was then in Annabelle's nursery before. It was hard to decide to spray paint it black because my sweet friend Amanda Akin had done a fabulous job making it look shabby chic with a cream paint and antique finish details. I tried to take pictures of what it used to look like but I couldn't capture what a beautiful job she did. Thanks again Amanda!

I am debating about whether to post this picture of the closet but I am hoping that this might nudge some of you into visiting. Guests of the Janous Home will stay in this tranquil room with mountain views, plush robes and slippers provided as well as ample storage room for clothes. Guests are always greeted with a welcoming bed gift.

I am especially excited about the bed gifts for the girls. I had wanted to give them fleece blankets thinking it would be fun to snuggle in the morning with but couldn't find any that were inexpensive. I am trying to be faithful about spending very little money. I about jumped up and down when I found these blankets at IKEA for $2.50! Since I am so VERY crafty now I sewed felt letters and buttons on them to make them more personal. For those of you who are more experienced in this area will see this as an easy task. Not so much for me. It was quite comical as I Googled (oops...Binged) almost every step of the project. I think they'll be happy. So Who's wants to visit next???

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!!!!! Love that the Schwieterman's are coming and love the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to those comfy robes and mountain views in May!

    ReplyDelete