Monday, March 5, 2012

Sunscreen


A friend recently asked me what type of sunscreen I would recommend.

Last year I spent hours looking at the ingredients list of many "natural" products and reading their reviews and toxicity/allergic levels. You can go to the Environmental Working Group website to find out how safe your beauty products are.

I chose three sunscreens based on what was the safest and also the cheapest per ounce. Keep in mind that overall, my family does not burn easily. These all worked fine to keep away sunburn on us, but I am not sure if that would hold true for different skin types. I ordered all of them from Amazon. We used 2 of the loving naturals and one of each of the others to last the summer.

For the family: Loving Naturals SPF 30 ($9.99 for 5 oz)

For the kids: Caribbean Solutions SPF 25 ($17.99 for 4 oz) (This one leaves a white color to your skin which is why I didn't use it...vain, I know. Hard to imagine why I spent this much on this one. Maybe the price has gone up.

For my face: Beyond Coastal Natural Lip and Face Screen SPF 30($5.85 for 1 oz) I loved this one! A little goes a long way, I still have some left over. It does leave a little white residue but if you rub it in enough, it doesn't show much. I actually loved the way it felt on my dry skin. I am very sensitive to most everything, especially sunscreen. This felt soothing and nice to put on.

We also used hats and swim shirts to guard against sun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment