Friday, April 27, 2012

Reminding myself I am known

I am pretty sure we have found a Church here.  In many ways this brings great joy but it is also bittersweet as I realize that no church will be like Riverside.  I can not compare.  I have to stop trying.  The reality is, no church here can compare with a place that has been my home for 10 years.  What I miss the most is being known.

I have much hope here and have been encouraged by many of the relationships I am starting to make here.

But how long does it take?

I've experienced what its like to be fully known and still enjoyed. 

Its hard to settle for less.  But you have to start somewhere. 

Tonight I am going to a ladies Bunko night with women from Soma Eastside.  I really only know a handful of women's names.  Urgh, I don't like this stage.

So, my pep talk to myself tonight...

Friends are icing on the cake.  Jesus is my cake.  A damn good cake.  Enough to fill me and more.  I've feasted on the cake AND been blessed with incredible icing too...more icing than I deserve.

On a related note, our sweet friend Matt Blazer wrote a blog post about our friendship with him and his family.  If you have time, READ IT.  I am so humbled by his words and warmed by the memories.  Words are my love language and this is like words on steroids.  Thanks again Matt for loving us well and recording the stories.  BTW, the HUGE beer Brian appears to be drinking is actually a coke...and a joke.

Well, off to buy an appetizer and make some friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment